Crowell & Moring is pleased to invite you to join us on October 19, 2011 for a dynamic conference entitled Product Risk Management: A Product Lifecycle Approach to Identifying, Mitigating and Managing Legal Risks. This one-day event will provide updates and guidance on the myriad legal issues related to product development, manufacturing and distribution and will be of particular value to In-house Counsel, Executive Officers and Compliance Officers.
Speakers scheduled to participate include representatives from the Federal Trade Commission, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Crowell & Moring, the American Cleaning Institute, and companies such as Avaya, Inc., Graco Children’s Products, Inc., Dell, FMC Corporation, Oneida and Tesla Motors.
Topics to be addressed include:
- New Directives and Directions in the European Union: Making general EU product safety rules more effective and the playing field level – the pending revision of the EU’s General Product Safety Directive
- Chemical Regulation: Trends, Emerging Issues and the Future of Chemical Regulation
- Social Media & Advertising: Managing Your Reputation and Liability in the Age of Consumer Product Reviews, Astroturfing, and Blogger Endorsements
- Customs & Trade: The Price of Admission – Managing the New Import Regulation Model and Avoiding Pitfalls at the Border
- Antitrust Distribution: Up All Night – Distribution Risk as a Leading Cause of Insomnia
- Complying with California’s Product Regulatory Requirements
- Steering in the Right Direction: What you need to know about NHTSA enforcement, the “electrification” of motor vehicles, and other automotive hot topics
- Global Consumer Product Safety: Strategic Issues in Compliance, Reporting and Negotiating with Multiple Product Safety Regimes
- Responding to Investigations and Enforcement Actions by Regulatory Agencies
- Litigation Risk Mitigation: Getting Inside the Mind of a Plaintiff’s Lawyer
This complimentary conference will take place on October 19, 2011 in Crowell & Moring’s Washington, D.C. office at 1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. For more information and to register, click here.