At Crowell & Moring, we understand the specific needs of the retail and consumer products industries.
Our clients represent the spectrum of the retail and consumer product industries, including wholesale and specialty retailers, department stores, and big-box retailers, apparel, cosmetics, food and beverage, consumer electronics and other consumer products companies, as well as investors in these sectors, across the United States and internationally. From clothing and footwear to electronics, toys, and housewares, our clients and their products are household names.
Our success is demonstrated by our clients’ decisions to call upon us, time and again, to help them navigate the complex legal and regulatory regimes, both domestically and internationally, applicable to the design and promotion of products and services, and to assist them in protecting their business from the array of challenges before them.
Our services encompass a wide range of retailer needs, including:
- Advertising, marketing, and consumer protection
- E-commerce, privacy and data protection
- Sweepstakes, promotions, and warranties
- Intellectual property protection, including patent, trademark, and copyright
- Disputes with landlords
- Real estate transactions
- Fashion law
- Anti-counterfeiting advice and litigation
- Defense of government enforcement proceedings
- Chemical and environmental regulation
- Import/export; sourcing, supply chain, and distribution
- International trade and policy
- Regulatory & consumer products (including product safety)
- Reputation and crisis management
- Defense of consumer class action and products liability litigation
- Antitrust and claims recovery
- Labor & employment
- Corporate transactions and counseling
- Construction litigation
- International retail counseling
- Vendor relationships
Members of our team have been named among the leading practitioners by Chambers Global, Chambers USA and Chambers Europe, Class Action Law360, Competition Law360, the European and United States Legal 500, European Legal Experts, Best Lawyers, the Los Angeles Daily Journal and JUVE in Germany. In each client matter, we develop and implement focused solutions that address specific concerns, while maintaining a wide view of industry and regulatory trends.
For more, visit www.crowell.com.