At Crowell & Moring, we understand the specific needs to the retail and consumer products industries. Our firm has established a broad array of capabilities that are focused on the complex issues facing these businesses. We provide sophisticated, multidisciplinary legal counsel, with attention to detail and the extensive resources of a full-service, international law firm. Our success is demonstrated by our clients’ decisions to call upon us, time and again, to help them navigate the complex legal and regulatory regimes, both domestically and internationally, applicable to the design and promotion of products and services, and to assist them in taking innovative and proactive measures to protect their business from the array of challenges before them.
We represent a broad spectrum of clients in the retail and consumer product industries, including wholesale and specialty retailers, department stores, and big-box retailers, apparel, cosmetics, food and beverage, consumer electronics and other consumer products companies, as well as investors in these sectors, across the United States and internationally. Our clients and their products are household names in virtually every category, from clothing and footwear to electronics, toys, and housewares. Our services are broad and encompass a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Advertising, marketing, and consumer protection
- Privacy and data protection
- Sweepstakes, promotions, and warranties
- Intellectual property protection, including patent, trademark, and copyright
- Anti-counterfeiting advice and litigation
- Defense of government enforcement proceedings
- Chemical and environmental regulation
- Import/export; sourcing, supply chain, and distribution
- International trade and policy
- Product safety
- Reputation and crisis management
- Defense of consumer class action and products liability litigation
- Antitrust and claims recovery
- Labor & employment
The breadth of our practice is rivaled by our depth of knowledge and experience in the industry. Members of our team have been named among the leading practitioners by Chambers Global, Chambers USA and Chambers Europe, Class Action Law360, Competition Law360, the European and United States Legal 500, European Legal Experts, Best Lawyers, the Los Angeles Daily Journal and JUVE in Germany. In each client matter, we develop and implement focused solutions that address specific concerns, while maintaining a wide view of industry and regulatory trends.
For more, visit www.crowell.com.