Thursday, March 30, 2017 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Eastern
Aggressive enforcement, massive recalls and proactive safety agendas left an indelible impression on the product safety world under the Obama administration. Product safety is no longer a bipartisan affair. But what will the Trump administration mean for your regulatory compliance programs? What changes will we see and how will they affect your safety program?
Join us for a roundtable discussion of what the regulated community can expect under the new administration at the Food & Drug Administration, Consumer Product Safety Commission and the National Highway Safety Administration. We’ll help you to forecast where policy shifts on by focusing on topical discussions of emerging products such as autonomous cars, drones, miniaturized cameras and e-cigarettes, and emerging issues including fire and lithium ion batteries, as well as hacking concerns on interconnected products.
Click here to register for this webinar, or click here to view the event on Crowell.com.
- Taking stock: Where are we now? What happens before new officials at the FDA, NHTSA, CPSC and DOJ are nominated and confirmed?
- Where and how will the Trump administration affect current agency priorities?
- Can autonomous vehicle technology and interconnected products thrive in the next four years? Any advantages or hurdles?
- Will we continue to see aggressive enforcement agendas at the agencies and how will the DOJ respond? How litigious will these agencies be in the coming months and years?
- What is the future of safety policy and rulemaking? Can these agencies met the EO requiring the repeal of two rules for every one promulgated? And what impact will the federal hiring freeze have on safety programs?