In the recent AdAge article, ESG Advertising Demands More Than Mere Legal Compliance, Chris Cole shares his thoughts on the five best practices for how companies advertise their ESG efforts:
- Advertise honestly about accurately measurable improvements
- Qualify with reference to metrics or uncertainty to put statement into context
- Use well-established standards for communication
- Do not rely on third-party certifications
- Monitor social media and complaint activity
Chris examines real-world examples on how ESG-centric advertising draws attention for brands but can also lead to a new generation of lawsuits.
This post originally appeared in AdAge.